четверг, декабря 07, 2006

Painting-A-Day: December 6, 2006 - SOLD

As you can tell, I am continuing with the ornament theme this week as I am unpacking Christmas decorations and discovering many forgotten treasures carefully wrapped last year. Some carry childhood memories, some are just simply beautiful, some mark my children's milestones or my own excursions, some have some kind of other meaning - all attached to small objects with no practical function. What's even more odd is that they have a specific time once a year when they briefly emerge. So here is the pickle. And what Christmas tree would be complete without it? In fine German tradition this ornament is hidden somewhere on the tree and whoever discovers it first gets an extra present. And this one would be dedicated to Neil Hollingsworth, whose absolutely beautiful reflective work I discovered a few days ago. SOLD