понедельник, декабря 11, 2006

Painting A Day: December 10, 2006 "Three sisters" red Christmas ornaments


Yet another ornament for the week. These are not particularly special in any way (as a matter of fact they came from Wal-Mart, I think). However, I was exploring textural variations with these Christmas balls - glitter, full shine and frosted glass and their relationship. The thought came after looking at Susan Martin Spar's December 8 painting. I also thought of my daughters while painting - they are the same in form and substance (figuratively speaking, of course) by the virtue of coming from the same family, yet totally different.

Unfortunatelly, the true color of the painting still escapes me after an hour of Photoshop adjustments - it is deeper and a lot less vulgar, but alas, I am a painter, not a photographer. Click here to bid on e-Bay.

I have also just been accepted into a fine company of phenomenal "daily" artists by which I am very much honored and humbled (their talent and skill are far beyond my own)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Scoutten said...

I had to smile, as I have done a number of ornaments in the last weeks for a small works show, and I have those same baubles - shiny, frosted and glitter. Got mine at the grocery store, in purple.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Sasha Williams said...

I would love to see how yours turned out, Johnnie! I took a tour of your blog and was very much impressed with your rendition of metal objects. Very nice work!

9:47 AM  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home