четверг, декабря 14, 2006

Painting A Day: December 13, 2006 Vintage Glass Pinecone Christmas Ornament


And ... another ornament - another painting! This one is 5X7, oil on canvas, just like the others. I don't think I'll run out of the ornament subject matter any time soon. As I continue to unwrap these splendid treasures, I am endlessly fascinated by their beauty. This is another of vintage "soviet" glass ornament from late 40s. The glaze has aged to an absolutely gorgeous irridescent finish which I tried to capture and, in my humble opinion, came pretty close. But, of course, it is up to you to judge that. As always, I welcome your thoughts, comments and critique. Please take time to write a few words as to what you thought of the painting, what, in your opinion needs improvement or anything else you may think of.

Click
here to bid on e-Bay.